Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love and Yoda

I have the world's best homeroom. In fact, they are so awesome that when I came in from monitoring the hallway the other morning, this is what I found.


Yoda had come for a visit, and not only did he visit, he left me a smiley face on a Post-It! First off, it is AMAZING that I have a student who has a Yoda gym bag (his back unzips so he can put his clothes back there). Secondly, they took the time to tape a pen to Yoda's hand, draw a smiley face on a posty, and set him so convincingly at my desk.

I think this is brilliance at its finest. People ask me all the time why in the world I would consider teaching middle schoolers. I think from now on, to answer this question, I'm going to show them this picture. This, this right here is why I do it. They use the force for good, and I'm beyond smitten with them for it.

1 comment: