Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Three of Confinement

I'm starting to feel like those kids in The Cat in the Hat. I'm just waiting for a giant feline to come prancing up to make my day super interesting. It hasn't happened yet, but fortunately, Cheryl didn't have to work today which meant I had someone to talk to. Sadly, tomorrow I'm on my own again.

In all of this boredom, I've discovered a blog I love (annieblogs.com). I largely love it because my friend, Jenna, met her (Annie), and she (Jenna) said we were a lot a like. I read her blog and we are. We both love organization, Colin Firth, The Sing Off, and most importantly, Jesus. Even Cheryl thought the similarities were uncanny! I was so overwhelmed by this revelation that I emailed her to tell her of this awesome discovery. That was yesterday, and I'm starting to doubt the sanity of sending that email.

I know myself, and I know that I'm not a weird psycho killer but my new internet BFF does not. Now, I'm like, "Oh crap, I sent her the link to my blog. What if she reads it and this is the newest post?" Will she think I'm creepy or endearing? Funny, I never would have put those at opposite ends of the same continuum, but those are pretty much the two adjectives we're dealing with right now. Can you all do me a favor and assure her that I'm not totally batty? I'm just bored beyond conceivable measure. And I'm a cotton-headed-ninny muggins.

I also need some points of clarification on personal book keeping. I was cleaning out the office today (it only took me 3 snow days to get to it), and I found bills from 2006. I started sorting and purging, but I'm not certain how long you're supposed to keep these kinds of things? I have all of my tax stuff from the past however many years I've been doing taxes, but is it really important for me to keep AT&T bills from 6 months ago? I mean all they do is remind me that we pay WAY too much for internet, satellite, and a phone line we do not use. Seriously, we don't even have a phone plugged into our landline. Any wisdom on this topic?

Tomorrow's tasks include washing sheets and towels, wrapping the last of my Christmas presents (don't judge), finishing Exodus (I'm struggling with this book more than I thought I would), and perhaps some sort of crafty endeavor.

3 comments:

  1. Me likey Sarah, glad you chose to share your blog with us.
    As for Miss Annie, please know Sarah is not now, nor has she ever been, any type of weird psycho. She might be partially batty, given her choice of career, but never totally batty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I drop the kids over there? I want my house back, they need to go back to school, I am done with the snow. Also, for Annie, Sarah isn't crazy. She teaches my kid and he seems to be learning. Then again it could be said that she is crazy because she is a middle school teacher and that's as crazy as it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the last one of monthly bills, it shoes your current balance and that you paid on time. You can get rid of the rest.

    Keep taxes, bank statements and pay stubs for I think it's 8 years... I would keep taxes forever because the government is tricky.

    Also, if Annie is really like you she will be tickled that you were so excited about finding a kindred spirit. Not weirded out at all.

    ReplyDelete