Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Confessions

1) I cannot think of that word (confessions) without thinking about the Usher song.

2) I keep library books for an inordinate amount of time. I rack up all kinds of late fees. There are two sitting on the table right now, that I checked out in June. If you've been waiting to read A Man Called Peter or Run With the Horsemen, I'm very sorry.

3) I label the parts of speech in my head while I write and read sentences. It's an occupational hazard.

4) I am deathly afraid of clowns. In fact a co-worker of mine put a clip art picture of a clown on a slide show about adjectives, and I skipped over it in every class.

5) I've had really good responses from my last few blogs which is pretty exciting. However, I now feel I have to bring the profound every time. So, I'm confessing right now, this is not going to happen. I have very few profound thoughts. I do promise that all the profound thoughts I do have will make it here.

6) I really want to start an educational publishing company.

7) I've been jonesing to live in London for a while. I mean the London that exists in my head where I meet Richard Armitage, he falls madly in love with me, we get married, and have lots of babies who call me mum.

8) Just to go along with the song, there might be a Confessions, Part II!

For your enjoyment! You can listen to Usher's Confessions here.

3 comments:

  1. Number 3 cracks me up. Now I know what you are thinking when you get that look. You are processing my sentence structure. Hilarious.

    PS I'm not laughing at your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess, every time I am writing you a comment I find myself editing it. I really rather not give you a reason to judge my writing style. There are days, like today, that I just write my comment and walk away though.
    (FYI, just in case you wanted to know, I edited this 4 times and I'm walking away now.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, your blog is absolutely delightful! I stumbled across it from, of all things, a Richard Armitage news link. Here's what an obsessed/dork/fan I am: I get email alerts every time Richard makes the news or someone blogs about him. Like you did in your confession #7. Which, by the way, happens to be MY dream too. ;-)

    Anyhow, just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your writing. I'll stop by again soon!

    ReplyDelete