Thursday, April 1, 2010

Never were there more devoted sisters

I love my sister. She is everything a sister should be. She looks out for me. She picks on me. She puts blankets in the dryer to warm them up when I'm cold. Really, I couldn't have asked for a better one.

Sister and I are pretty different. She is loud and has never met a stranger. I'm quiet until we're good buds, and I'm pretty wary of strangers. She was a cheerleader. I was a theater kid. She grew up with New Kids on the Block (that was my first concert). I grew up with Backstreet Boys (I am shame faced). She's married and has kids. I'm not, and I don't, unless you count 100 7th graders.

Despite all of these things, when we're together, we're connected. We think it's weird that people say we're so different because to us, we're two peas in a pod. We think alike. We have the same twisted sense of humor, although, my sister is much freer in sharing hers. We both love music and reading and being slightly judgmental. We both picked the same profession. We painted our houses the same colors. Mine is admittedly much brighter shades than hers.

I know with such surety that if I needed anything - a kidney, money, a home, a blood transfusion, an alibi for a crime - my sister would be there, and she would give it. I know this because I feel that way about her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm here to keep my eye on her. Caring. Sharing. Every little thing that we are wearing. When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome, she wore the dress and I stayed home.

    I light be able to type the whole song...

    ReplyDelete